As you know, I switched to a self-hosted WordPress.org solution for this blog about a month ago. Since then, I have noticed that my stats have declined slightly. What’s worse, I don’t seem to be gaining new followers quite as fast as before.
I attribute this to two factors:
- One, the new blog is no longer available on WordPress Reader.
- Two, it is much harder to reblog my posts. As a result, it is mostly those who are already following me that read them.
After a few hours of head scratching, I decided that:
- One, if I don’t stop scratching my head, people will think I have lice, and
- two, I need to come up with a way to fix this.
So, I decided I had two options:
- Return to the old blog, or
- reactivate the old blog while also keeping the new one going.
I have decided to try the second solution for now. It means I will duplicate each post on both blogs, which is a little more work, but worth it if it means I can reconnect with people.
What does this means for you?
Hopefully, this should have no bearing on you. If you find that you receive email notifications twice, I apologize in advance and ask that you unsubscribe from either blog. If you wish to reblog my posts, you may prefer to unsubscribe from the nicholasrossis.me one.
Both blogs will have the exact same content, so you can follow whichever suits your needs best.
In case you’re wondering, you can find the old blog on nicholasrossis.wordpress.com.
Let’s try this out and see how it goes! I’m sorry for any inconvenience, but hey, it’s better if I make mistakes and share the results with you, than if you make them, right? 🙂