Voted one of the Best 50 Indie Books of 2015, Infinite Waters contains ten speculative fiction short stories and flash fiction, written by the award-winning author of Pearseus and Runaway Smile.
These ten stories explore our perception of the world around us. Is there more to the world than we can see? How far can we trust our senses? And in a digital society, can any of us tell what’s real?
A writer seeks her future at a carnival, but gets more than she bargained for. A disgruntled twin discovers that blood runs thicker than water, especially when you spill it. A high school student just loves to experiment. And a bully learns that nothing is scarier than a supermarket.
” the author really pulled out a ‘Twilight Zone’ type of vibe”
“Nicholas Rossis is a master of the craft.”
“I found myself looking forward to coming home so I could dig into the next story.”
“Nicholas Rossis is a master of the craft… I found myself looking forward to coming home so I could dig into the next story. Each story pulls you in to its unique little universe and takes you on a ride where the tracks are hidden, and you can’t see the corners up ahead.”
The anthology includes the following stories:
- “Infinite Waters“: A woman seeks her future at a carnival. She discovers more than she expected.
- “The Things We Do for Lust“: Beware of Greek gods bearing gifts.
- “The Twist in the Tale“: A confused woman meanders through a sleepy town. But not all is as it seems.
- “James’ Life“: A man with nothing to look forward to but oblivion, discovers it’s not that easy to escape his life.
- “What’s in a Name?“: A trip to the tropics has an unexpected ending.
- “The Lucky Bastard“: How far will the luckiest man alive go to escape his luck?
- “Two’s a Crowd“: Blood runs thicker than water. Especially when you spill it.
- “Is There a Doctor in the House?“: A high school student just loves to experiment.
- “Sex and Dinner“: A timeless combination. Or is it?
- “Would You Like Flies With That?“: Nothing’s scarier than a supermarket.
- “The Hand of God“: Nothing has prepared a grizzly veteran for this meeting *.
(* first published in The Power of Six)
Infinite Waters is available on Amazon. You can read the first story, The Things we do for Lust, for free on this blog.
Don’t have a Kindle? You can read my books in virtually any format by using the FREE Amazon reading apps!