Back in September, I published Emotional Beats: How to Easily Convert your Writing into Palpable Feelings. As promised, I will be posting the book on my blog. So, here is the next installment, continuing Part 3 of the book: Other Beats. This one deals with:
There are a million different ways to describe clothes, so this is but a tiny selection, with an emphasis on fantasy.
- He pushed the coat down and off of her shoulders and it fell down her arms, pooling at her feet.
- She admired the gossamer robes.
- She lifted the long cloak and held it high. “I used the pelts of rabbits, and sewed them to well-tanned and thin-beaten deer hide.”
- She strapped her short sword to her side, where it hung against her left hip. The knife he had given her sat in its sheath on her right hip.
- Tall leather boots graced her feet.
- She wrapped herself in a fleecy sheepskin worked with fine hand embroidery, spider-thin silken threads woven into ancient symbols no longer understood.
- She wore a pair of simple gathered-leather, over-the-knee boots.
- He wore a fitted charcoal-gray pinstripe that had the look of absurdly expensive bespoke.
- She peeled off her jacket, tossed it on a peg.
- His gaze caressed her painted-on red dress.
- She wore olive-green fatigues and a lightweight tank.
- She was draped in a burgundy wrap dress.
- She wore a light green gown with beading covering the bodice and trickling into the skirt.
- She wore a black Chanel suit that was all business and sexy heels that weren’t.
- He teased the gown above her head. All at once, a river of plum-colored silk rushed over her arms and down onto the floor,
- It was pure cashmere, but she dismissed it as just a good layering piece.
- She put on distressed jeans.
- He was wearing tight jeans that played up his broad shoulders and slim hips.
- She dressed with some care, donning a lilac-colored dress accented with white satin trim. She left her light brown hair loose but added a ribbon to keep the strands free from her face.
- Clothes can be mired or soiled (mired in dirt)
- He began dressing, stepping into his pants and then reaching for his shirt. Shrugging into it, he turned.
- She set him moving with a smack to the back of his jeans.
- A rip along the bottom of her bag called to mind some battlefield casualty, like a veteran’s scar.
- Sawgrass reached across the path and tugged angrily at the hem of her skirt.
- Her dress graced the floor with a pale blue splash like fallen sky. Discarded underpants conjured visions of puffy white clouds.