The team at Hostingclues has created an exhaustive snapshot of the state of the Internet today. It contains over a hundred facts and statistics to create an impressive Infographic. For anyone using the Internet, it makes for fascinating reading!
Some key data include:
- Out of the 7.77 billion people in the world, around 4.54 billion have an active internet connection. This means around 58.4% of the world population has access to the internet.
- The US has 293 million internet users.
- In the US, almost all age demographics have internet access. However, the younger generation spends more time online.
- 4.18 billion users access the internet from the mobile.
- 61% of all Google searches are from a mobile device.
- 92.07% of all search engine activity is on Google Search. However, 50.33% of all Google searches result in zero clicks.
- In 2019, Google generated a revenue of $160.4 billion. $134.81 billion of which comes from Google ads.
- Every second, there are over 40,000 search queries on Google.
- The average click-through-rate of the first position on Google search is 19.3%.
- US shoppers spent over $5 billion online during 2017’s Black Friday sales.
- Over 2.05 billion people shop online.
- 47% of all global retail sales are made on the online market.
- Only 20% of consumers were not influenced by ads when making a purchase decision.
- Over 3.8 billion users have an active social media account.
- People spend around 2 hours and 24 minutes on average on social media or messaging applications.
- The most popular social media and messaging platform is Facebook with 2,449,000 users. YouTube is second, with 2,000,000 users.
- 77% of internet users read blogs.
- 43% of readers skim through blog posts.
- On average, people spend around 37 seconds reading a blog post.
- 36% of readers prefer list-based headlines.
- Blogs with an odd number of listicle headlines outperform the ones with an even number of headlines by 20%.
- Companies that blog get 97% more links to their website.
- Titles that have 6-13 words attract the highest and most consistent amount of traffic.
- For 72% of online marketers, content creation is the most effective SEO tactic.
- If your headline has a hyphen or colon, your click-through-rate increases by 9%.
- 62.96% of readers have said blogs with multiple writers are more credible.
- The average blog post is 1151 words.
- Longer in-depth blog posts generate 9 times more success in lead generation compared to shorter ones.
- 66% of marketers use blogging in their social media content in 2017.
- Articles with images or graphics get 94% more views.
- Writing content is the most outsourced marketing activity.
Check out the infographic below and visit the original article on Hostingclues for more (including a text-based version of the Infographic)!
This is FANTASTIC!!!! Great, useful stats (assuming the info is correct).
Yay! So glad you liked it 🙂
As for the data’s veracity, several sources are listed on the original post. They seem legit!