My latest book, A Heaven for Toasters, takes place in the 22nd century. Naturally, I refer to a number of novel technologies, including the use of Artificial Intelligence assistants and androids.
However, AI is already here–to a much greater degree than most of us realize. AI includes anything from automatic vehicles to chatbots. Even though we usually associate it only with virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa, it is already surrounding us, controlling anything from cochlear implants to Google’s search results. And yes, AI may even aid dentists in the near future.
Techjury recently shared an amazing Infographic with the history of AI… and some amazing predictions:
- By 2025, the global AI market is expected to be almost $60 billion; in 2016 it was $1.4 billion
- Global GDP will grow by $15.7 trillion by 2030 thanks to AI
- AI can increase business productivity by 40%
- AI startups grew 14 times over the last two decades
- Investment in AI startups grew 6 times since 2000
- Already 77% of the devices we use feature some form of AI
- Cyborg technology can help us overcome physical and cognitive impairments
- Google analysts believe that by next year (2020), robots will be smart enough to mimic complex human behavior like making jokes and flirting
To realize how close we are to outsourcing most of our activities to intelligent robots, check out this detailed infographic: