Will you be in the UK on the 23rd? If so, you can attend for free the UK Lit Fest 2016 in Bradford. From 9 am to 5 pm you will be able to:
- Meet authors from around the country
- Talk to authors from all over the world in the festival’s international hub
- Learn all about being an indie author and how to become a published author
- Take part in in exciting workshops
- Listen to readings by the authors
- Enter exciting competitions to win signed books
- And much, much more …
Workshops and Readings
9:15 -9:30 Michael Wombat (Reading)
9:40 -10:10 Rachel Cotterill (Workshop) Putting Words in their Mouths: Realistic vs Believable Dialogue
10:15-10:30 Victoria Howard (Workshop)
10:40 – 11:10 Alex Brightsmith
11:20 – 11:35 Joshua Sutton (Talk)
11:45 – 12:15 C S Woolley (Workshop) The Joss Whedon Effect – How to write believable strong female characters
12:30 – 12:45 Claire Colley (Workshop) Creating a story
12:50 – 12:10 Felicity Snowden (Reading)
12:15 – 12:45 Vicki Kinnaird (Workshop)
1:00 – 1:30 Diana Jackson (Workshop/talk)
1:40 – 2:10 Irene Lofthouse (Workshop)
2:20 – 3:20 D M Singh & Joe Kipling panel
International Author Skype Times
- C J Rutherford 12:00 – 1:00
- Kendare Blake 2:00 – 3:00
- Roger Gordon 3:00 – 3:30
- Bridget Allyson 3:30 – 4:00
- Kendare Blake 4:00 – 5:00
Find out more on the Festival’s official website or check out their Goodreads event page!
I will obviously be in the UK on the 23rd, but sadly Bradford is a little too far from Beetley. (About 170 miles, and almost 4 hours each way by car) I would have to leave Ollie alone for far too long. I have no doubt that this will be both popular and well-attended though.
Best wishes, Pete.
Fair enough. I wouldn’t want to leave someone as adorable as Ollie for that long, either 🙂
Wow, sounds great! I might not be able to attend but I shall certainly try! Thanks Nicholas.
A pleasure 🙂
I wouldn’t mind attending. Are you going, Nicholas?
Sadly, no 🙁
Sounds great, but a little too far for us 😉
Sadly true 🙂