Shannon A. Thompson is one of my favorite young authors. Not only was this gorgeous lady first published at 16, but she’s crammed into her 23 years more writing and publishing experience than most of us will ever do. She’s here today to reveal the new cover of Minutes Before Sunset (second edition).
Minutes Before Sunset, book 1 of The Timely Death Trilogy
Minutes Before Sunset was awarded Goodreads’ Book of the Month in July 2012. It will now be re-released on July 28, 2015. The second edition, by her new publisher, Clean Teen Publishing, has a new cover and new interior.
Current Rating on Goodreads: 146 ratings, 4.3 stars
What is it all About?
“Her kiss could kill us, and my consent signed our death certificates.”
Eric Welborn isn’t completely human, but he isn’t the only shade in the small Midwest town of Hayworth. With one year left before his eighteenth birthday, Eric is destined to win a long-raging war for his kind. But then she happens. In the middle of the night, Eric meets a nameless shade, and she’s powerful—too powerful—and his beliefs are altered. The Dark has lied to him, and he’s determined to figure out exactly what lies were told, even if the secrets protect his survival.
Jessica Taylor moves to Hayworth, and her only goal is to find more information on her deceased biological family. Her adoptive parents agree to help on one condition: perfect grades. And Jessica is distraught when she’s assigned as Eric’s class partner. He won’t help, let alone talk to her, but she’s determined to change him—even if it means revealing everything he’s strived to hide.
Join the Dark
You can Join the Dark on:
- “A magical, if slightly dark, tale.” – The Reader’s Review
- “Wonderfully unnerving.” – Coffee Shop Reader
- “This is a story of forbidden love, hidden love, and a war of love.” – Endless Reading
- “This book was brilliant, original and romantic. This is a timeless love story with incredible character growth, action and twists of fate.” – Note to Selph Book Reviews
- “Miss. Thompson twisted the concept of Light and Dark, reversing the well-known roles, changing the time-old dance and making it her own. Brilliant and true, “Minutes Before Sunset” is thought-provoking, bringing real-life lessons and morals from a world of the supernatural.” – Live. Laugh. Read
About Shannon A. Thompson
Shannon A. Thompson is a 23-year-old author, avid reader, and habitual chatterbox. She was merely 16 when she was first published, and a lot has happened since then. Thompson’s work has appeared in numerous poetry collections and anthologies, and her first installment of The Timely Death Trilogy became Goodreads Book of the Month. She is currently represented by Clean Teen Publishing.
As a novelist, poet, and blogger, Thompson spends her free time writing and sharing ideas with her black cat named after her favorite actor, Humphrey Bogart. Between writing and befriending cats, she graduated from the University of Kansas with a bachelor’s degree in English, and she travels whenever the road calls her.
Visit her blog for writers and readers at www.ShannonAThompson.com.
Wow. Published at 16 years old. Good for you, Shannon! You must be a talented young woman. I wish you continued success in your endeavors.
Indeed, she is 🙂
Thanks and welcome! 🙂