Remember how I had posted about the imminent release of Legally Undead by Margo Bond Collins, back in May? Well, I have now read the book and am ready to share!
What is it about?
A reluctant vampire hunter, stalking New York City as only a scorned bride can.
Elle Dupree has her life all figured out: first a wedding, then her Ph.D., then swank faculty parties where she’ll serve wine and cheese and introduce people to her husband the lawyer.
But those plans disintegrate when she walks in on a vampire sucking the blood from her fiancé Greg. Horrified, she screams and runs–not away from the vampire, but toward it, brandishing a wooden letter opener.
As she slams the improvised stake into the vampire’s heart, a team of black-clad men bursts into the apartment. Turning around to face them, Elle discovers that Greg’s body is gone—and her perfect life falls apart.
What did i think of it?
First, a confession: I’m not that crazy about all things vampire. Margo Bond Collin, however, is a great writer, with the wonderful ability to make any story believable; even a vampire urban fantasy.
From the very first pages, when her heroine, Elle, steps into her apartment to find a blood-sucking fiend, the story picks up speed to twist and turn repeatedly until the explosive conclusion leaves the reader gasping, just as they were about to let out a sigh of relief. The characters are beautifully fleshed out, the pacing is exquisite, with the tension building up page after page, and the writing is elegant. Many authors seem prone to overwriting, but Collin’s prose is just right.
A great book by an accomplished author, then. If you’re into vampires, thrillers and/or urban fantasy, this is the perfect summer read for you!
About the Author
Margo Bond Collins is the author of a number of novels, including Waking Up Dead, Fairy, Texas, and Legally Undead. She lives in Texas with her husband, their daughter, and several spoiled pets. She teaches college-level English courses online, though writing fiction is her first love. She enjoys reading urban fantasy and paranormal fiction of any genre and spends most of her free time daydreaming about vampires, ghosts, zombies, werewolves, and other monsters.
Buy the book:
Connect with Margo
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/margobondcollins
- Email: MargoBondCollins@gmail.com
- Website: https://www.MargoBondCollins.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MargoBondCollin @MargoBondCollin
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/116484555448104519902
- Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/vampirarchy
- Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/MargoBondCollins
- Facebook Novel Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waking-Up-Dead/502076076537575
- Tumblr: https://vampirarchybooks.tumblr.com/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/mbondcollins/
- Manic Readers: https://www.manicreaders.com/MargoBondCollins/
Be sure to add Legally Undead to your Goodreads bookshelves: