Fantasy is more than dragons
" I really can't think of another series that tied the world of fantasy and sci-fi together so well since Pern... a truly original viewpoint of fantasy, and I loved it."
~ Riley Westbrook
It is said that, in order for someone to succeed, they need to have helped a hundred others succeed first. So, in working towards my quota, I’ve been writing guides in the form of posts about my experiences with book marketing and Indie publishing and promotion. The first A-Z deals with free days, and how they helped both my books reach #1 on Amazon. The second guide concerns use of Amazon’s Countdown Deals. So, stay tuned!
- Don’t Advertise With Amazon Until You’ve Read This
- Call to Arms Book Marketing Survey results
- I Just Published my Book. Now What?
- My Book Marketing Secret
- 3 Book Promotion Ideas (That Nobody Is Talking About)
- KDP Print Just Got A Whole Lot More Attractive
- Book Marketing Essentials: Positioning your Work
- Call to Arms – Jackie Weger’s Take
- Show, Don’t Tell, on Twitter
- 5 Tips On Using Facebook Groups to Promote Your Book
- A 6-part Marketing series based on Bookbub Insights
- Promo Results: Using Free Promo Services
- Promoting your Series: Free vs. 99c
- Pricing your ebook: Is free the new paid?
- How to Price your E-book to Both Get New Readers and Make a Profit
- How should I price my Indie book?
- How to Use Psychology to Market your Book
- 7 Fool-proof marketing tips to promote your blog
- When Science Meets Book Marketing
- How to Get More Blog Followers
Tutorials and Guides
- GDPR And Authors: What You Need To Know
- A-Z guide: How both my books reached #1 on Amazon
- A-Z guide: Increase Sales with Countdown Deals
- How To Set Up Twitter Ads For Your Books: A Complete Guide By Alfageek
- How to Score Great Amazon Reviews: Resources and More
- How to Use Amazon Categories to Increase your Rankings
- How to Tame Amazon’s Algorithm to Increase your Sales Rank
- Show, Don’t Tell, on Twitter
- Tips on Starting a Newsletter
- How To Set Up An Amazon Giveaway (also read the August 2018 update here)
- Advertise with Amazon: a Step-by-step Tutorial (part 1)
- My Amazon Ads Strategy (Advertise with Amazon, part 2)
- My Facebook Ads Experience and 3 Marketing Rules
- How to Use Facebook Ads to Gain Subscribers and Promote a Giveaway
- More on Facebook Ads: Other Authors’ Experience
- Exciting Times for Facebook Author Pages
I was recently hired by SearchNurture to help them write a series of posts on Amazon Advertising. Anyone interested in how Amazon Advertising works should have a careful read, as this is the most exhausting guide I have seen on the Internet yet–and I’m mighty proud of my part in creating it. The following articles are available (this list will get updated on a weekly basis):
- What is Amazon Advertising?
- Amazon PPC: The Definitive Guide
- Understanding Amazon ACoS (Advertising Cost of Sale): What is it?
- How to Hit Your Target ACoS on Amazon
- Understanding Amazon PPC Metrics
- How to Increase Your Amazon Click-Through Rate (CTR)
- How to Increase Your Amazon Impressions